5P Sports : USSSA 1 Day Shootout
- All teams
- Boys & Girls: 14U, 13U, 12U, 11U, 10U, 9U, 8U
- Ability: Elite/Competitive
- $150.00 entry fee
- 3 Game guarantee
COACHES, PLAYERS & PARENTS,
5P SPORTS would like to take this opportunity to welcome you! Here is some information that will help make your trip more enjoyable.
TOURNAMENT RULES AND REGULATIONS
- All teams must send a representative (NO PLAYERS) to pick up your tournament package at the facility of your first game.
- Three wristbands will be given to coaches at registration and must be listed on the approved roster.
- ** TEAMS MUST PICK UP THEIR PACKAGES AT THE FACILITY OF FIRST GAME. PLEASE DO NOT SHOW UP AT THE FACILITY WITHOUT YOUR CREDENTIALS. YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PLAY.**
- All teams participating in the tournament must provide a roster. After the roster is turned in, no changes or additional players can be added to the roster.
- Home team will provide game balls for game play only if basketball is suitable for game play. If not, we will request a game ball from visiting team. You may bring your own balls to warm up with.
- Schedule will be posted on Exposure Event. Please download our App at the Android or Apple store. Please FOLLOW your team and all changes and scores will be sent to you via text or email depending on what option you selected when you followed your team.
- Bracket Play will begin Sunday Morning for All Divisions.
- Awards will be issued to Champion and Runner up in each Division.
- Coaches must wear either a Coach’s shirt with a collar or Team t-shirt with team name on it. Shorts are acceptable. NO FLIP FLOPS. NO HATS.
GAME TIME is GAME TIME
- We will do our best not to have forfeits. If a team is a no show for whatever reason we will do our best to reschedule games, so everyone gets the minimum required games.
- Daily Admission $15
- Children Under Age 8 Free
TOURNAMENT BASKETBALL RULES
The National High School Federation Rules and Regulations (NHSF) will apply to all games with the following exceptions.
ALL GAMES WILL BE PLAYED AS FOLLOWS:
- Middle and High School (Grades 7 through 12) will consist of two sixteen-minute halves and will use a regulation size basketball. Women will use an intermediate size ball.
- Grades 3 through 6 will consist of two fourteen-minute halves and will use the 28.5” intermediate size ball.
- No game will start before the scheduled time unless both coaches agree. There will be a minimum of a 5-minute warm-up period. Halftime will be 5 minutes unless both coaches agree to start earlier.
- Home team wears light colored uniforms (top bracket). Visitor team wears dark colored uniforms.
- Home team sits to the left of scorer’s table. Visitor teams sits to the right of scorer’s table.
- Each team will warm up on the end opposite its bench.
- Timeouts will be awarded under NHSF rules (3 Full / 2 Thirty Second).
- Overtime: 3 minutes for Grade School (Grades 3 through 6), 4 minutes for Middle and High School (Grades 7 through 12).
- The clock will stop for all whistle stoppages.
- Two (2) direct technical fouls during a game on a player, coach, or team representative will result in their ejection from that game and the next game of the tournament. Fighting and gross unsportsmanlike behavior can be more than one game and is at the discretion of the Tournament Director and/or State Director.
- Suspensions from USSSA sanctioned activities shall be governed by the USSSA Constitution.
- Each team is responsible for their warm-up and game balls and or any other items brought into the game. We are not responsible for lost items.
- If a team forfeits two games by not participating; the team will be disqualified from the event and cannot participate in bracket/tournament play.
- Rosters are allowed a maximum of fifteen (15) players.
- Proof of age and grade is required for all players on the roster. Acceptable proofs of age are: clean photocopies of birth certificates, adoption papers, or immigration papers. Proof of grade is a clean copy of any report card of the current school year or school document that indicates current grade level. Teams are required to have proof of age and grade upon check-in and throughout the tournament. It must be presented to representative/tournament director upon request.
- Girls wishing to compete on boys teams or in boys leagues will be allowed to do so as long as they meet the other age and roster requirements.
- No roster additions will be permitted after the team has begun play of its first tournament game within any tournament.
- Teams participating in the National Tournament can add three (3) additional players that were not on the roster at the time of their qualification.
- We are grade based with age parameters and limitations determined by birth date, that allow players in each division to compete against other players currently at the same grade/age level.
- A player may qualify under the age exception rule if they have been advanced in grade due to academic excellence or parental preference.
- All protest must be filed in writing within one (1) hour of the conclusion of the contest and must be accompanied by a $200.00 protest fee (refundable if protest is upheld). Official’s calls are not grounds for a protest.
- Tournament Directors rulings on protest are final.
- Once a team is leading by 25 points anytime in a game, the clock will continue to run. The only time the clock will stop is for injuries or timeouts.
- If the lead falls below 15 points, the clock will again be stopped for all whistle stoppages.
- Two Teams Tied: Head-to-head result.
- Three or more teams: Point Differential System will be used.
- Teams will receive a point differential per game up to a maximum of plus 15 points for a win and a maximum of minus 15 points for loss. The team not involved in the tiebreaker will have its games eliminated. The team with the highest point total will win the tiebreaker and the second highest number will be seeded second, etc. If two teams are tied with points, then revert to head-to-head. If there are still three teams tied, the team with the fewest points allowed in ALL games played in pool play wins. A forfeit is scored as a 15-0 game.
- As a sanctioning body of athletic events, shares the concerns being raised on a national and local level regarding concussions and concussion symptoms in participants, coaches/ managers and umpires/referees in sanctioned activities.
- We encourage it’s directors, umpires, coaches, referees, teams, team managers, and all adults involved in youth activities and participants to learn all they can about concussions in athletics and requires each of them and each of the directors to follow all federal, state and local laws (including concussion training and reaction laws) with regard to athletic competition
- In addition, we have added the following to the rule books of each sport, which does not defer to another organization for its rule book:
- Upon becoming aware that a participant or coach/manager of his team has received a suspected concussion (or has been struck in the head area with any significant force), the Team Manager will not allow that person to participate in any sanctioned event and if occurring during a sanctioned event, shall have that person removed from the playing field of any sanctioned event.
- Upon becoming aware that a participant, coach/manager or official/umpire/referee has received a suspected concussion (or has been struck in the head area with any significant force), an official/umpire/referee or director will have that person removed from the playing field of a sanctioned event.
- Without a written medical written clearance from a licensed medical doctor to return to play, such persons will not be allowed to return to the playing field in a sanctioned event.
- For officials/umpires/referees, the medical written consent must be presented to the Team Manager and retained permanently by the State Director.
- For participants and coaches/managers, the medical written medical consent must be presented to the Team Manager and retained permanently by the Team Manager.
- Any Team Manager, who allows a coach/manager or participant back on a sanctioned event playing field without first obtaining the required written consent, may be suspended by the State Director for up to one year and upon request of the State Director, may be suspended for a longer duration by the disbarment committee.
- State Directors allowing an official/umpire/referee back in the field of play without the necessary consent will be subject to being disciplined as determined by the Board of Directors.
- In the event of severe head trauma in a sanctioned activity, the injured person will not be moved, and an ambulance will be called, unless otherwise directed by a qualified medical professional.
- The parent or guardian of the injured person, however, will not be bound by this protocol and may choose a different approach consistent with their legal rights as the parent or guardian.
- Area and State Tournaments have the authority to modify local playing rules to accommodate local circumstances. All teams participating in the National Tournament must adhere to National Rules outlined above.
- There must be a minimum of four (4) teams per division for the National Tournament to be played. If less than four teams, the tournament director must contact the team with their options.
- Coaches of high school age teams playing in National Tournaments certified by the NCAA must be registered and certified by the NCAA in advance of the Tournament. Team Rosters must be entered on the NCAA site. (Visit www. ncaa.org for guidelines and deadlines to insure compliance on live period events).NO ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL REQUIREMENTS ARE MET. All players participating on high school age teams playing in NCAA certified events must attend the mandatory educational seminar held during the event.
- Tournament / M.V.P. / Hustle awards are determined by the coaches in the events. All recommendations must be submitted prior to leaving the event.
- Coaches are given passes and credentials at check-in. Any coach allowing unauthorized use of these credentials will be disqualified from the event.
- Unsigned seniors may participate in the 11th Grade Division at the National Championships.
Registration is currently open for the following divisions:
- Boys 10U - 5P Sports : Team Registration Fee ($150.00)
- Boys 11U - 5P Sports : Team Registration Fee ($150.00)
- Boys 12U - 5P Sports : Team Registration Fee ($150.00)
- Boys 13U - 5P Sports : Team Registration Fee ($150.00)
- Boys 14U - 5P Sports : Team Registration Fee ($150.00)
- Boys 8U - 5P Sports : Team Registration Fee ($150.00)
- Boys 9U - 5P Sports : Team Registration Fee ($150.00)
- Girls 10U - 5P Sports : Team Registration Fee ($150.00)
- Girls 11U - 5P Sports : Team Registration Fee ($150.00)
- Girls 12U - 5P Sports : Team Registration Fee ($150.00)
- Girls 13U - 5P Sports : Team Registration Fee ($150.00)
- Girls 14U - 5P Sports : Team Registration Fee ($150.00)
- Girls 8U - 5P Sports : Team Registration Fee ($150.00)
- Girls 9U - 5P Sports : Team Registration Fee ($150.00)
To make a payment please visit the payments section of the event.
All event related questions should be directed to Greg Williams at email@example.com or call 336-430-9689.