As we prepare for a great day of basketball, I wanted to share some points of emphasis as we plan to provide a safe and competitive environment.
Please print and complete the attached documents. (Covid Waiver Document to be signed by you, Player Participation Waiver signed by all parents after they have received and reviewed the waiver document). (2) Documents should be completed and submitted at your check in to receive your coaching bands.
Coach and players may get their temperatures checked and begin entering 1st (5 minutes before their game time) to reduce the cluster of parents waiting.
NOTE: The coaches MUST communicate to their parents when they can enter (via group chat, GroupMe, etc) After the game has ended, there will be no handshake or gathering inside the building. Please follow the direction of staff to exit properly.
There will be hand sanitizer with the site director and disinfectant spray, sanitizer and wipes at each scores table. Players benches will be disinfected after each game.
*******MASK ARE MANDATORY,******
The spectator fee is $15. Please plan to bring exact change.
Lastly, please review the Covid guidelines on the homepage of our website www.bondskills.com. It will be critical to ensure promptness. Be safe!
- All teams
- Boys & Girls
- entry fee
- Exposure Certified
GRADE BASED DIVISIONS (PLEASE FOLLOW COVID GUIDELINES ON THE HOMEPAGE)
Grade based divisions shall be used in boys/girls basketball teams.
Tournament Rule & Regulations: PLEASE TRAVEL WITH REPORT CARDS!!!! Grade based on current school year as of Sept. 1st and cannot turn age greater prior to Sept. 1st of the next year.
1. The first team listed is the home team and the home team will wear white (or lighter color jersey). HOME (BOOKS) AWAY (CLOCK, if one is not provided)
2. Warm-up and Halftime: 3 minutes (any changes may be done at the discretion of the Site Director); Clock starts immediately.
3. Games will be played as scheduled. FORFEIT WILL BE BASED ON SITE DIRECTOR APPROVAL’ Teams should arrive at least 30 minutes before game time but no game will start without the approval of BOTH teams. (DUE TO COVID, ONLY TEAMS ALLOWED IN THE GYM ARE THE TEAMS SCHEDULED AT THAT TIME)
4. (28.5) will be used for all girls’ games; 2nd thru 6th-grade boy’s divisions
6. Players must compete in their own grade classification, with the exception that players in a lower grade may participate in an older division (in the same organization).
7. A player may only play on a team when they are placed on the roster. At the discretion of the tournament director, some age brackets may be combined based on team registrations or level of play.
8. Coaches must check in at the registration table. A maximum of 2 coaches will be allowed free admission. PLEASE HAVE ROSTERS.
9. BOND EVENTS is not financially responsible for forfeits, lost or stolen items.
10. Running Clock: Clock will run with 20pt lead in the 2nd half (including FT); score must be below 10 pts for stoppage. No pressing with running clock.
Tournament Rules – NCHSAA rules used with the following exceptions:
1. Length of Game: Two 12 minute halves (2-6TH) 13 minute halves (7-HS)
2. Timeouts: 2 FULL/2 30 Second per game, to be used in either half of the game. One additional timeout for overtime period.
3. Overtime will be sudden death.
REFUND POLICY: After Tournament Schedules are in place, no refunds are issued.
•CODE OF CONDUCT: Any Player that is ejected or removed from a game will be suspended for the rest of the Tournament.
•Once Brackets/Schedules have been posted: (PLEASE CHECK BACK DAILY FOR ANY UPDATES); Brackets/Schedules are posted By Thursday of each event.
•All monies, including discounts must be PAID BEFORE the Tournament in order to get the Team Discount
TWO coach passes per team (no exceptions)
Pool Play ties will be determined by the following
1. Head to head competition
2. 20 point max point system (Point Differential)
3. Least points given up
4. Total points Scored
5. Coin toss
1. If 2 teams have a tied record after Pool Play, the winner of the head-to-head matchup is awarded the higher seed.
2. If 2 teams did not play head-to-head, Point Differential (see above) is applied to determine seeding.
3. If 2 teams also have the same Point Differential, the team who allowed the least amount of points in Pool Play would be awarded the higher seed. Using this formula, there is no benefit to running up the score, rather the benefit is in stopping the opposing team from scoring.
4. If 3 teams are tied, head-to-head matchups are irrelevant in determining seed for Bracket Play.
5. If 3 teams are tied, Point Differential is applied; the team with the highest Point Differential is awarded the high seed. The exposure system is set up with these rules to determine
If a tie in Point Differential exists, Points Allowed (see above) will determine seed for Bracket Play.
Each coach or player will be allowed two technical fouls per game. After a second technical foul, players /coach will be ejected from game. After first technical foul, the coach must remain seated for the duration of the game.
Any player or coach receiving an ejection during our tournament is subject to dismissal from tournament without refund. A player will no longer be able to play or sit on bench with team. Coaching from the stands will not-be allowed. All above subject to the discretion of Site Director.
All protest of opposing team must be done prior to the start of the schedule game, the tournament will charge a protest fee of $100 to acquire all documents. No protest of a team will be allowed after a game has been played.
Each player will foul out after (5) five fouls.
Rosters and Proof of Age and Grade
Please travel with birth certificates for all players and report card for proof of grade and age.
All Girls - 28.5 basketball
Boys 1st Grade through 6th Grade - 28.5 basketball
Boys 7th Grade and older - 29.5 basketball
Registration is currently open for the following divisions:
- 3rd/4th Grade Boys - One Team ($150.00), Two Teams ($285.00), Three Teams ($395.00)
- 5th Grade Girls - One Team ($150.00), Two Teams ($285.00), Three Teams ($395.00)
To make a payment please visit the payments section of the event.
All event related questions should be directed to Porsche Jones at email@example.com or call 3365758144.