Good Evening All,
We hope you enjoyed a great day of growth and development! A couple reminders for tomorrow:
1. Championship teams recieve t-shirts and Nike Cinch bags. If your team wins the championship in their division, please report to Ridgeview HS as a team to recieve these items and get a team picture taken.
2. Games begin at 8:00 a.m. Gyms will be open at 7:30 a.m. for those teams and their fans.
3. This is a friendly reminder that the tournament is a fundraiser for the youth in our region so we can grow the game and provide more opportunities for them. It is customary to pay a daily fee to spectate at travel tournaments. Please be kind and respectful to our admissions folks when being asked to pay.
The Energy Hoops Classic Team
The Energy Hoops Classic 2023 schedule is complete and live. You can access it via the OAB App (Highly Suggested) or via this link Energy Hoops Classic 2023 Schedule.
We did our best to accomodate scheduling requests that were officially submitted.
1. Each Division has a different playing format based on the number of teams in the division. Our smallest division has 5 teams and our largest has 13. Some are straight Round Robin where the Champion is the team with the best record, some are pool play into bracket play and some are straight bracket play. EVERY TEAM IS GUARANTEED FOUR GAMES! You won't see all four games posted if you are a pool play or bracket play division. You will need to click on "bracket" in the App to see how things can play out based on your teams win and loss scenarios.
2. We will accept Cash or Card at each venue. Cost is $15 for both days or $10 per day for adults. Kids 9 and under are free.
3. Each team gets two coaches and their spouses in free each day. We are the only tournament who lets spouses in that I have pariticpated in EVER in my 22 years of doing this. We appreciate coaches and their supportive spouses!
4. Our HS players and families will be covering the scoreboard and scoresheet at each game. If by chance we do not have someone to cover (this will be rare) we will ask that you provide a spouse or parent to do one of these two duties. This is rare, but it can happen. Thank you for helping!
5. Each championship team in each division will receive a championship T-shirt and Nike Cinch sack. Chacpionship teams need to report to Ridgview High to get these items and have their picture taken.
6. Hot Tees Custom Printing will be on site at Redmond High and Risgeview High all day Satruday and Sunday. Players and families can stop in to purchase some great gear as a momento from the tourney.
7. Attached you will find the rules and regulations. We ask that each coach READ THEM CAREFULLY.
8. We have worked hard to grow and provide quality officials at our tournament, however, some of them are young and new and still learning. Please respect the officials and keep your parents in line. We need officials more than we need teams so any harassement will not be tolerated.
9. If you have any questions you can contact Tourney Director Sam Ure at:
This is about the kids and helping them learn to compete, grow their love for the game and to be better human beings because of the wonderful lessons they learn as teammates and athletes. Thank you for supporting a positive and growth oriented environment for all.
All the best on the court this weekend and thank you for choosing the 4ht Annual Energy Hoops Classic!
Sam Ure - Tourney Director
Dusty Porter - EYBC President
Our team has been working today to finalize divisional placements and will begin scheduling this evening. Several teams have asked for special scheduling requests. We do our best to put teams traveling in later in the day, but with over half the field of the 97 teams coming in from outside of Central Oregon, we can't always make it happen for every team logistically.
EVEN IF YOU HAVE EMAILED OR TEXTED A REQUEST: We need you to formalize your request through this process (click on link) in order to try and accomodate it as close as possible. https://oabbasketball.com/time-requests/
The Energy Hoops Classic Team
Good Morning Coaches!
If you are recieving this email, we have you signed up for the 4th Annual Energy Hoops Classic on MLK Weekend in beautiful Redmond Oregon. We wanted to get a few early info items out to you as you prepare for the tournament and answer questions for your famileis:
1. The schedule will be posted on or before, Wed evening, Jan 11th.
2. We have a 90 team cap this year due to some gym space restrictions on Sunday that will make it so we need to finish by 5:30 p.m. that day. We have just a few spots left before we are completely full!
3. We are exctied about the variety of teams and will be working to get you in your best fit division. If you signed up for a division and there are only a couple of teams, we will combine your grade level division to make an "open" division.
4. Don't stress about State Qualifying scenarios. We are always able to advocate for teams to get "at large" bids for the State Tournament if they end up playing in a combined division.
5. Games will be Saturday and Sunday. There will be no games Friday night.
6. Games will feature two 20 minute running clock halves, with a stop clock in the last two minutes if the game is within 10 points. All rules will be full NFHS, which means all presses and zones are allowed at all levels. Full court presses must be pulled off with a 20 point lead or greater.
We look forward to hosting you for a great event!
The Energy Hoops Classic Team
The Energy Hoops Classic is designed for competitive boys and girls basketball teams who want an exceptional tournament experience.
- All teams
- Boys & Girls: 8th-4th
- Ability: Elite/Competitive/Developmental
- $255.00-$295.00 entry fee
- 4 game guarantee
- Exposure Certified
Gold & Silver Divisions Available:
GOLD - The Gold Division is for advanced skill level teams who want to be challenged by playing against other teams with quality experience.
SILVER - The Silver Division is for beginning to intermediate skill level teams who want to experience quality competition against other teams with similar skills and experience.
1. State Qualifier for Bend and Salem. The only tournament that can qualify your team for both state tournaments: http://www.statetourney.com (Salem)
2. Outstanding Facilities
3. OSAA Certified Officials
4. Custom Nike Tournament Apparel Printer on Site
5. Full OSAA/NFHS Regulations
6. Multiple discount entries available:
All event related questions should be directed to Sam Ure at email@example.com or call 907-232-7007.