2017 ADIDAS GAUNTLET - PHOENIX
Having 20 courts at the University of Phoenix Stadium is awesome and the weather couldn't be better but we're always looking for ways to improve our events and we try hard to listen to our participating teams. Therefore, two important changes we will be implementing are:
- All future Arizona Elite events we will be changing to stopped clocks. Every division, every game will have stopped time. We realize the importance of getting all players exposure and we feel this is the best way to do that.
- Although we have qualified, certified trainers at both ends of the stadium, and EMS on site, we'll be doubling the number of staff due to the large number of teams.
President, Arizona Elite Basketball
4/21/2017 9:37 PM
Please check your schedule as some minor changes have occurred due to a late drop out.
- All Coaches must check in at the University of Phoenix Stadium Thursday between 2 - 9 pm. One coach cannot check-in all coaches.
- Bring valid ID.
- Players are welcome to check out the stadium but not required.
- Coaches not on the roster will not be allowed free entry.
- The NCAA process is new for 2017 as you know so please make sure your roster is accurate and complete to expedite the check-in process.
- If you have your Gold License you still may not be approved by the NCAA. They have a final signoff on all coaches. If you're on your team roster you're good to go.
4/17/2017 10:07 AM
A quick tip for following your team schedule, tracking brackets and getting up to the minute game scores is our free "Arizona Elite Basketball Club" app available for both IOS devices and Android. Just search the store for "Arizona Elite Basketball Club" and the free download will get you connected with a simple to use app for all of your participating teams.
4/13/2017 5:01 PM
Please understand that we've done our best to honor all Team requests and we are unable to make any further changes to the schedule.
Parents, Fans and friends can follow their favorite team with the free Apple and Android Apps. Scores will be posted immediately following each game. We look forward to seeing you in sunny Phoenix soon! All the best,
Arizona Elite Staff
4/10/2017 4:52 PM
We cannot allow any coaches or players to participate if this is not completed. The approval process for coaches can take three weeks and we only have a little more than four weeks until the event.
The approval process is outlined on our site:
Adidas Gauntlet Phoenix April 21-13, 2017
Payment and Registration Deadline is April 1st.
All rosters need to be complete and coaches approved by April 11th to make the NCAA College Coaches Packet.
3/27/2017 1:53 PM
3/22/2017 11:45 AM
As a reminder, the registration and payment deadline for the Adidas Gauntlet - Phoenix is March 31st, 2017. Please make any necessary arrangements to make this happen.
Also, it's vital that you complete your coaching and athlete approvals and create your rosters for the event. We cannot allow any coach or athlete to play in the event if they are not approved prior to the event.
If you have any questions regarding the process please don't hesitate to phone me.
Thank you all,
3/20/2017 12:55 PM
As a coach complete your BBCS requirements. Then add all coaches and players to your bench for all of your organizations teams. From there you will create your individual team rosters and pull coaches and players from your bench. You will be directed to add Team Names during the process. As of midnight the night before the event the rosters will be locked and cannot be edited.
Please get your athletes completed and your coaches completed as we aren't able to allow anyone to participate if not done so. Thanks,
3/7/2017 1:00 PM
April is coming fast so please get this done now. We cannot allow any coach or player to participate if they aren't complete with their online requirements. Thanks,
2/27/2017 3:37 PM
Payment and Registration deadline is March 31st, 2017. NCAA Certified. 200+ teams registered thus far. All Teams will be wait-listed to guarantee space for travel teams. You will receive an activation email shortly after registration pending team approval.
- All teams
- Girls: 12th, 11th, 10th, 9th, 8th, 7th
- Ability: Elite/Competitive/Developmental
- $595.00-$795.00 entry fee
- 4 Game guarantee
- Exposure Certified event
Welcome to the 2017 Adidas Gauntlet - Phoenix/Glendale. (Our 20th Year!)
Games begin all three days, Friday/Saturday and Sunday at 8.00 am. (April 21st, 22nd and 23rd, 2017)
Last game on Sunday will finish no later than 4.00 pm, please do not book any flights that cause you to miss your last scheduled game. Any teams not fulfilling their game commitments may jeopardize future participation.
MANDATORY CHECK-IN ALL TEAMS THURSDAY EVENING APRIL 20TH. ALL TEAMS MUST BE AVAILABLE TO PLAY FRIDAY MORNING AT 8 AM, NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Register your Team.
- Pay your Team entry fee.
- Book your Hotel Reservation Here. (24 Hotels within 10 miles of the Stadium)
Register Your Team With the NCAA
All teams participating at an NCAA certified event must register online prior to reporting to participate in the event. All coaches must have a USAB Gold license to complete the registration process.
- The new BBCS uses a "bench" concept, which enables the coach to have a pool of available athetles and assistant coaches.
- The coach cannot search for and invite an assistant coach to their "bench" until that assistant coach has their (1) USAB Gold license, (2) created a user account in the BBCS, and (3) been verified by the NCAA.
- The coach cannot search for and invite themselves to their own "bench". The coach is automatically added to the "bench".
- The coach cannot search for and invite an athlete to their "bench" until that athlete has (1) created their account in the BBCS, (2) viewed the educational video, and (3)completed their school information on their profile.
- The coach cannot search for and invite an athlete whose address is not consistent with the NCAA residency requirements. Athletes from a non-adjoining state or from a different country cannot be added to the "bench". Coaches will be required to provide documentation in advance if the athlete's residency/demographic information is flagged as questionable.
- The coach can create multiple rosters for an event. Once the coach opts into an NCAA-certified event, the team name, team address and roster can be added based on the athletes and coaches on the "bench". If the coach has more than one team going to that event, they can opt in for a second time and enter their next team's information.
NCAA Team Registration BBCS - CLICK HERE
For more information and to download a PDF from the NCAA CLICK HERE.
For additional information please contact:
Assistant Director of Enforcement
National Collegiate Athletic Association
Phone: (317) 917-6035
Fax: (317) 917-6073
NCAA Approval For Team Coaches
All individuals who engage in coaching activities at a NCAA-certified event must be approved through the NCAA Coaches' Approval Program prior to participation in the event.
To go to the approval process - CLICK HERE
This must be done in order to sit on the bench at any NCAA Sanctioned event (including this tournament). All coaches MUST have this done before the tournament deadline. It takes up to two weeks for this process to be approved once the test is taken.
NCAA Approval For Players
All players participating in NCAA-certified events must create an athlete account.
A complete player profile is required BEFORE the athlete can be placed on a coaches bench or a team's roster for a NCAA certified event.
To be eligible for NCAA certified events, each athlete MUST:
- Register as a new user in the BBCS
- Confirm your registration by clicking the registration link in auto-generated email
- Watch the educational video. No more sitting through the same video at every event.
- Enter school and team information
- Accept/Reject invitations from team coach(es)
To create your profile CLICK HERE
This must be done in order to participate in any NCAA Sanctioned event (including this tournament). All players MUST have this done before the tournament deadline.
For step by step instructions CLICK HERE to download a PDF from the NCAA.
$795 (High School age teams, 15U/16U/17U)
$595 (7th/8th Grade teams)
$595 (All Adidas Gauntlet teams)
$15/day plus $2.50 Stadium charge.
$40 Tournament pas plus $2.50 Stadium charge.
Any Team can become an Adidas Silver Gauntlet team by completing the Silver Gauntlet application. Click here for details and contact information.
If you are mailing your tournament payment please send it to:
Arizona Elite Basketball Club, Inc
P.O. Box 20228
Fountain Hills, AZ. 85269
All event related questions should be directed to Gary Pedersen, Arizona Elite Basketball Club, llc at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 480-332-9848.