2018 GRBA National Championship (Session 2) - NCAA CERTIFIED
- All teams
- entry fee
- 4 games guaranteed
- Exposure Certified event
COACHES AND PARENTS - BE SURE TO CHECK BACK WEDNESDAY NIGHT FOR SCHEDULE UPDATES
ALL COACHES AND SCOREKEEPERS MUST CHECK-IN AT SPIECE FIELDHOUSE WITH A PHOTO ID. CHECK-IN WILL BEGIN AT 12:30PM ON THURSDAY.
3-POINT AND DUNK CONTEST - FRIDAY EVENING (NORTH SIDE HIGH SCHOOL - 475 E. State Blvd. - 7:30PM) - COACHES WILL BE ABLE TO REGISTER 1 PLAYER PER TEAM PER CONTEST AT CHECK-IN PRIOR TO YOUR FIRST GAME
ADULT ADMISSION - $10 DAILY ($35 WEEKEND PASS) - HIGH SCHOOL KIDS AND YOUNGER ARE FREE
EACH TEAM MUST PROVIDE A SCOREKEEPER/TIMEKEEPER
FIRST TEAM LISTED IS HOME/WEARS LIGHT JERSEYS
REFUND POLICY - NO REFUNDS WILL BE ISSUED AFTER THE REGISTRATION DEADLINE
NCAA Roster Information for Coaches Check-in
1. NCAA Team Rosters will be locked by this Tuesday evening (07/24) 11:59 PM via bbcs.org.
* If a player is not on the “locked” NCAA Team Roster, the player will be ineligible to compete this weekend.
* If a coach is not on the “locked” NCAA Team Roster, the coach will be ineligible to coach this weekend.
* You will not be able to add any player or coach to a “locked” roster after 11:59 PM on Tuesday.
* During Team Check-in we will use the “locked” NCAA Team Roster (players & coaches) to verify eligibility.
* Please ensure coaches bring a form of identification for check-in to receive coaches pass. (ie: ID/Driver’s License/Passport).
2. Coach Check In - If you want to sit on the bench or coach you must be NCAA Certified. You will need to check in before your first game to get your credentials. Please allow yourself enough time and go to a CHECK IN. If you show up to coach and DO NOT have the proper identification our staff will NOT allow you to coach. We will provide a pass for Head Coach, and 2 assistant coaches.
3. Gym Sites - Please know where your game is located and be there early, games may start early. Game time is forfeit time.
4. Rules - Please understand the Rules. Home team is listed first in pool play or on top of bracket(wear light uniform).
5. EVENT APP FOR SCHEDULE AND SCORES - DOWNLOAD THE GYM RATS APP ON YOUR PHONE
7. Scores - These will ONLY be updated online.
8. Ejection Rule - If a player or coach gets ejected they will NOT be allowed to play in next game.
NCAA COACHING REQUIREMENTS - APPLY EARLY!!!
Please be aware of the NCAA Requirements for teams participating in NCAA-Certified Tournaments. START NOW to get certified before the viewing period begins!!!
All of the steps below must be completed by 7th Grade (13U) - 11th Grade (17U) teams in order to participate. Teams without approved coaches and rosters on the NCAA BBCS will not be allowed to participate in NCAA-certified events.
- Step 1 - Coaches must RENEW an existing USAB gold license or obtain a USAB gold license for the first time: This requirement applies to coaches, assistant coaches, and any bench personnel (non-players). Allow 3 weeks for processing. You will not be able to enter your rosters on the BBCS website (step 2) until you complete this process. CLICK HERE. BE SURE TO START EARLY!
- Step 2 - Register on the BBCS: Coaches and athletes should RENEW their previously created BBCS account and NOT create a new account. This is done by logging in to their existing account and updating the information on their profile rather than selecting Register as a New User button. ALL COACHES AND ATHLETES must have individual accounts on the NCAA BBCS website https://BBCS.ncaa.org. Only coaches who have completed the above Step 1 will be allowed to create accounts on the BBCS. Instructions for COACHES. Instructions for ATHLETES. The NCAA has also created a handout you can give to your athletes on how to register on the BBCS.
- Step 3 - Build Your Team Roster: The head coach must then invite their assistant coaches and players to be on their roster through the BBCS website. Click here for detailed instructions on how to build your roster.
REMINDER: Teams who have not completed all of the above steps WILL NOT be allowed to participate in this tournament.
Gym Rats Basketball has a"Stay to Play" policy for all tournaments in Fort Wayne. This requires all participants (teams and guests) in need of hotel accommodations must make their reservations through TBD Travel Services. This is a complimentary service and makes securing your rooms quick and easy. It is required that teams book their housing through this service to ensure placement in this tournament.
Team and individual reservations can be made online or by phone, as follows:
TBD Travel Services
Toll Free – 855-TEAMTVL
Verify that this event is NCAA certified by visiting certified basketball events and summer leagues on the NCAA website.
All teams participating at an NCAA certified event must register online prior to reporting to participate in the event. Failure to register and submit all required information will result in a team being denied participation in all NCAA certified events. Coaches are expected to keep their online rosters updated.
- Basketball Certification System (Roster Submission)
- Basketball Certification Policies and Procedures
All individuals who are involved in coaching activities at a NCAA certified event must renew their USA Basketball Coach License and be approved by the NCAA prior to participation in the event. This must be completed in order to sit on a bench at any NCAA certified event.
All event related questions should be directed to Chris Ponce at email@example.com or call 260-471-5270.