Thank you for participating in this weekends SWFL Showcase. We look forward to having you attend the tournament. We look forward to seeing you on the court. We do have additional protocols in place for this weekend. While all of us are excited to get back onto the courts, the safety of all those who attend US Amateur Basketball events has and always will be our top priority. Below you will find some safety guidelines that will be implemented for the coming months until state/government officials deem no longer necessary.
US Amateur Basketball STAFF
All Tournament staff will be screened for symptoms and have a temperature check; temperature must be below 100 degrees.
Tournament staff will wear a face mask.
• They will be given a personal Hand Sanitizer for their usage as needed & they will be given the ability to wash their hands every hour while on duty.
• We know you will be happy to see us, but please no handshakes or hugs when greeting us.
CHECKIN PROCESS – Coaches & Admission
• These spaces will be set up outside the buildings as long as the weather is permitting to allow for more space to be used. We recommend staying 6 feet apart while waiting in line and when seating in the spectator seating areas.
• Spectators & Check In – Limitations are likely to be set up prior to the event. Please check with your coach/program director before the event to see what limitations US Amateur Basketball may have on the number of spectators allowed based on the given state recommendations at that time.
• Upon purchasing either a daily or a weekend pass the band will be handed to the spectator and be asked to put this on their wrist in front of the US Amateur Basketball staff member vs. the old protocol of US Amateur Basketball putting this onto someone. If help is needed, the US Amateur Basketball staff member will help to put the band on as in the past.
Athletes, Coaches, Officials – have the CHOICE to wear a face mask while in the competition space. Spectators must wear a face mask while in the facility.
US Amateur Basketball will use sanitizer on the bleachers, benches and scorer’s table areas after ever round of game to ensure it has been sanitized.
Officials – all officials will be temperature check their officials before they are to come to the competition space.
• US Amateur Basketball will be providing game balls during this time – PLEASE leave these basketballs at the given court. They will be wiped down at halftime and at the beginning of each new game.
PARENTS & SPECTATORS
Parents/Family Members will be required to fill-out and sign Covid-19 spectator waiver forms informing them of the risk of Covid-19 and attesting that they have not had the disease or have exhibited any symptoms recently.
REST ROOM / BATHROOM FACILITY AREA
In an effort to mitigate congregation within spaces we are asking the following when it comes to bathroom/restrooms:
• There will be a designated walk path at each facility that all spectators must adhere to. This may in some cases be an outdoor entrance/walk path directly to the restroom.
• All COMPETING athletes & coaches – will be allowed to walk directly to the restrooms from the competition court if they have an ‘emergency’ and cannot wait until the completion of the game.
• Facilities will be guaranteeing US Amateur Basketball that they will be cleaning the bathroom locations no later than once every hour.
** All procedures subject to change based on various state/local guidelines that are add or removed leading into an event *
Adults 65 years and older and people of any age who have serious underlying medical conditions are strongly encouraged to avoid large crowds.
Do not come to the event if you or any household member has been exposed to a person with COVID-19 within the past 14 days.
If tournament staff use any indoor areas for their event (excluding restrooms), the disinfecting and cleaning of the used indoor areas will be performed by the event/tournament staff
Depending on sites and locations there may be areas to cool players who may be suffering a heat related illness. Lee County Parks and Recreation will allow access whenever possible to areas where cooling is conducive and the ability to social distance. Tournament staff will be responsible for disinfecting the cooling area after each use. If the tournament has a certified athletic trainer on site they will provide treatment for suspected heat related illnesses. In the event there is not access to cooling facilities and/or there is not an athletic trainer, 911 should be called.
Tournament Check in:
Saturday 9am - 12pm
North Ft Myers Recreation Center
2000 North Recreation Pkwy
North Fort Myers , FL 33903
Only 1 coach and the team book can enter for check in.
YOUR TEAM IS REQUIRED TO CHECK IN AT EVERY EVENT
ALL COACHES MUST PASS A BACKGROUND CHECK PRIOR TO COACHING IN A GAME. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO TURN APPLICATIONS IN AT CHECK IN AND GET A PASS FOR THE WEEKEND.
Please visit the The American Coaches Association website to apply
You MUST have a copy of your official roster
printed off of the www.usamateurbasketball.com site.
This does not include hand written rosters or any other typed roster.
The roster MUST be printed off US Amateur Basketball national site. This is mandatory to play.
Every team MUST have a signed copy of our Florida Policies and Procedures as well as a signed copy of the National Rules in their team book.
Visit Rules section to print your copy or each.
You MUST have for every player:
Any teams not showing up to check-in, during the check-in times will forfeit all games.
All coaches MUST be a member of the ACA. If you do not have your card you will not be allowed to sit on the bench. Please make sure you have completed all the steps and have your virtual badge.
Double Check to be sure you have everything
1. Official US Amateur Basketball “Printable” Roster
2. Signed Copy of the Florida Policies and Procedures
3. Signed Copy of National Rules
4. Birth Certificates for every player
5. Grade/Report Cards for every player
6. Current Pictures for every player
7. ACA Virtual Badge (Florida Events Only, not needed for Nationals)
Teams are responsible for their own warm up basketballs. If you have any questions or concerns please contact
Thanks to everyone in advance for understanding and working with us as we host this event in the safest manner possible.
US Amateur Basketball provides a cohesive national basketball platform that brings together the top grassroots tournament operators from around the country. Our goal is to bring together these various tournament operators to standardize and increase the quality of the tournaments being offered.